Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Summer 2009 Blockbusters Roundup!

Everyone knows summer is a big time for movies. Movie studios typically release theyre biggest pictures during the summer (and sometimes thanksgiving!) I thought i'd do a big write up on the summer blockbusters (and show off my new amazon partnership. Amazon: Best deals on the web!)

Summer bloackbusters have a big history, with movies like Jaws, Star Wars IV A new Hope, ET The Extraterrestrial, Terminator, you get the idea!!! It was a time when the best new stories were released. Well not anymore! Here's the slop that we got last year.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - The sequel to a movie based on a cartoon show designed to sell toys to children in the 80's. Wow thanks! 


G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - A movie based on a cartoon show designed to sell toys to children in the 80's. Wow thanks! 


Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - A Movie based off a line of books for children about wizards and magic. After seeing the first few duds in the theater (big mistake) I avoided this turd.


Star Trek - A movie based off a 60's sci-fi tv show that only shut in and nerds watch. I watched this one and wow! talk about a rip off. I'd never seen any star Trek stuff before but as a big star wars fan I decided to finally give it a shot. What a rip!!! Obviously the writers were big fans of George Lucas' franchise and wanted a peice of that pie. I suggest someone should watch a Phantom Menace, heck even Dennis the Menace, over this one. 





These are the people i saw in line to see star trek


Ice Age: The Dawn of the Dinosaurs - A sequel to a childrens movie about The Ice age. Not only is this slop scientifically inaccurate, it's not entertaining. I walked out of the first one. I tried to get some people to go with me, siting many obvious flaws in the script, but no one followed. this is what apmerica has come to. sad.


X-Men Origins: Wolverine - This one is the third sequel to a film franchise based on a 50 year old comic book series. This one is a technically a prequel and shows wolvering's origins and he rides a motorcycle and kills some people. 30% or the dialog is wolverine growling and yelling. they must have been trying to save money on ink when it came time to print the scripts and instead changed some stuff to reduce the amount of pages needed down to just a couple. 




Hugh Jackman -Wolverine Origins


Then to finish things off, there were two movies based on old tv shows no one remembers. I guess they tried using these ideas and hoped that we'd think they were original ideas or something??? turns out the media did some researching and it leaked to the public and now everyone knows. These movies are of course THE A-TEAM and LAND OF THE LOSTBoth showed up DOA at the theaters and now reside in a dusty warehouse that amazon.com owns. Amazon suggested I do a write up on these movies and link back to them, to trick people into buying them. I hope they don't mind that I couldn't find anything good to say about these movies.





What about this shouts to be remade in a modern movie???  Dont ask me!!!


Unless your brain damaged you know that this years summer didn't provide any better offerings. Check back soon for my recap of this years flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment