Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Kings Speeches (2010)

Desperate to get out of the house I decided to actually go to the theater for once instead of just hopping on The Pirate Bay to download the latest dud. SSince I doubted it would make a difference in quality i just went and randomly chose a movie. The movie I chose was The Kings Speaches. I should have brought my bed because this one sure was a snoozer!!!

I had forgotten what it was like to see a movie with a room full of other people. Since this was some british movie it was nothing but old geezers and a few younger people who went so they could pretend to be coultered. They aren''t! I actually spotted a guy up front with a respirator. Did they have a field day at the old folks home or is the only movie that someone that ancient can watch? I guess when you've been in both WW1 and WW2 you don't really want to see a movie with a lot of explosions.

The movie was about as exciting as watching these old geezers slowly march up the stairs as they entered the theater. It focused on this guy who was trying to get his brother to stop being king so he could be king. He had the same problem with speech that i do when i'm attempting to converse with a girl. so what? do you think they'd be interested in making a movie about me? no of course not, it was only interesting because this was some rich snob! what the heck!!!



This came up in a google search for boring


for some reason he spent most the movie at some guys house who just stood there and insulted him. Are kings so fond of self-denigration that they pay people to make fun of them? I guess so because this was a historical documentary! I guess years of being treated like a god makes you pretty weird. I'm not sure how this one ended because I dozed off before the ending because after an hour the plot refused to progress. At least i got a pretty decent nap out of it, still 10$ for a nap is an outrage!




This came up in a google search for king

This movie really didn't really have any positive aspects to it. No plot, everyone spoke in british accents, some king really hates himself and talks stupid. And i see that this ran for 118 minutes? wow. They must think we're a bunch of clowns! The old people seemed pretty pleased but most of them are senile or deaf/blind so i really can't place a lot of confidence on their opinions!! Because of all the flaws I must give this movie my lowest possible rating, ** two stars and hope that you'll save your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment