Saturday, January 22, 2011

I, Robot (2004)

When I was in school one time my teacher made us read this book called I, Robot. I was pretty excited at the time! A book about robots instead of old english literature about girls falling in love with horses or whatever. Unfortunately, like most books this one let me down! It was just a bunch of short stories about scientists deducting things. Boring! And with out pictures it was impossible for me to stay interested!!!

So there i was today inspecting the dollar bin at best Buy, when I came across this movie! I had finally collected about 125 pennies and decided to grab a dollar bin movie to review and this one seemed to be the best of the bunch! The clerk made some snide comments about my method of payment and I made a mental note to write a letter to "Mitch"es manager.

Guess what! This movie isn't boring like the book! They completely removed the entire story and just kept the name! The only thing they left in from the book was this character Dr. Calvin who was some old lady psychiatrist and they turned her into a hot chick. Probably the best book to movie adaptation I have yet to see!

For a second there I thought this was going to be a good movie! I was excited!  But then I noticed that they kept talking about converse shoes. There was like a 10 minute scene where Will Smith was excited about getting some "vintage" 2004 converse and talks about how good they are for a long time. Then random people every 20 minutes in the movie stop and talk to him about how cool his converse are. What the heck??? Was this a commercial or a movie????



Check out this image. Now you've seen most of I, Robot.


Also I guess Will smith either forgot to read the script or had spent too much time doing his Fresh Prince show because he just kept acting like the Fresh Prince. Was this originally supposed to be Fresh Prince the movie and at the last second they changed their minds and just did CG around it to make Will Smith look like he was acting in a robot movie? His boss did kind of look like Uncle Phil...





Then at the end we find out that Will Smith is actually robocop! What the heck??? Could they just not afford to pay to use the robocop license or something??? It became really confusing as I was trying to figure out if this was I, Robot, Robocop or The Fresh Prince of bellair the Movie. Then also at the end everyone had flashlights. Like everyone!! Where did they all come from???? Also they bothered to make the old lady into a hot girl, and include a shower scene, but made the shower to foggy to see anything???

Despite being excited that they had fixed the original flawed novel it turns out that the writers of the script weren't any better at putting a good story together!!! Because of the confusion of trying to figure out what franchise they were working with and for 90% of this "film" being a commercial for converse shoes I have to dish out my lowest possible rating, ** two stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment