Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Green Hornet (2011)

This movie is really bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought about just leaving it at that but I didn't want to leave anyone curious enough to go waste their money (or do like I did, and waste time downloading/watching) this turd!

This movie is a reboot of some old show from the 60's that no one cares about. I guess after remaking so many tv shows from the past they are running low so they're just taking what they can. I made the prediction that they would just use the same old ideas from before but add rap music on top of it to make it current, and guess what! That's exactly what this movie is!!!!! They resisted throwing in random pop culture gags somehow though so I must give them credit where credit is due.




This movie is really bad!!!

The movie starts out with some rich guy partying and then his dad dies so he takes his butler out and they kill a cop and chop the head of some statue. What the heck? What kind of start is that for a super hero movie? A really bad one! Then they just go around smashing things and shooting bad guys. Then they fight each other! I was never really sure what the heck they were trying to do or what the movie was about. They kept going back and forth between ripping of Batman Begins and Kickass. Was their original marketing angle to slop two movies together and then say you could just watch one and save time? I don't know.

Then there's the end climax. The green hornet tricked some guy into telling him his plan and he secretly recorded it on a USB drive then him and his sidekick run away. The Green Hornets big plan? "Put it on the internet." Their car has a fax machine but no internet so they drive to the newspaper place where GH works because they need to put it "on the internet". Why do they have to go to the newspaper place? Did they not know they can get on the internet from many places???



instead of having a hot lady in this movie they had someones old mom star in it. what the heck?

I don't know if director Michel Gondry was on her period or what but this movie never knew what it wanted to do. It tried telling jokes but they werent funny. It tried having action scenes but they sucked and looked like something I'd watch as I went to sleep! This tried every movie genre and did really bad at each one!!!!! For these reasons I must give this embarrassment to the american movie industry my lowest possible score, ** two stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment