Friday, November 19, 2010

Dig! (2004)

Lately I've been asking for suggestions from my dear readers for movies to review. My goal is to find at least one movie i like! So far no luck. But "Do not give up!" george Washington *our first president* once said.

Todays review, for the movie "DiG!" (thats how they write the movie's name, don't blame me!) comes from some crook that calls himself "kliksf". I should have known what I was in for since this clown can't even give me a real name!!!!!!!!! 

He actually gave me like a whole paragraph of fine films to review, i chose this one because i thought it would be about digging or coal mines or something exciting. I couldn't figure out what the heck they were trying to do with this movie. It's kind of a rip off of the movie "Spine Tap" a "mock"umentry about a fake 80s band. I guess they were trying to out do that film by making it about two fake bands who are stuck in the 60's!




I would have rather watched a movie about this

So anyway the camera crew follows around these two bands as they play to empty rooms and pretend that people like them. Great idea for a movie! At least with spine tap they actually tried to be funny. (but failed because british people are never funny!!!) 

The characters are so over the top they aren't even believable. No way anyone could be this whiney and self important! It was such a snooze fest I found myself often times just refreshing twitter to see if there was anything more interesting going on!

Eventually the two bands get in a fight. There's one "wacky" "genious" that is turned into the villain while the others are turned into the one you're supposed to sympathize with (probable because a girl is in that band and they're trying to push a lesson on us like never be mean to girls) Holylwood cant tell a story without trying to push some biblical lesson or product on us!!!



apparently showers werent in the films budget!!


Because this movie is unoriginal and fails at comedic intent, pushes a lame lesson that would feel more at place in a 60s after school special (maybe because the bands would feel more at home in the 60s they were trying to tie it all together??? i doubt they were that inteligent) and for having no likable characeters i must give this movie my lowest rating, ** two stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment