Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thor (2011)

Here's the first of thousands of comic book adaptations the summer has to offer this year. Or so it would seem...

I thought this movie was some comic heroe who had a giant hammer and zapped people with lightning. But guess what?? Secretly it's a religious movie like "The Ten Commandments" and The "passion Of The Christ". As we soon learn Thor is actually God. I've never really read too much of the bible or been to church so this must be one of the stories from the begining or something.

In the film we see how God became so Mighty and how the Devil became a fallen angel. As you may already know, God used to be more of a vengeful god (making people kill lambs, putting lamb blood on doors) bassically if you were a lamb or lamb owner God used to really hate you. Apparently he also hated Ice people (who I guess are extinct now).

Now iff you're a Bible nut or whatever you're probably getting pretty excited about this movie reading this. But guess what! They decided to take a few liberties with the story. Ever heard of God having a mom and dad? No, me either. But it's in the movie. Just to make sure I wasn't geting all flustered about nothing I opened up a PDF of a bible and did ctrl + F for "gods mom and dad" "gods dad" "Gods mom" and nothing. What the heck?? I'm surprised there haven't been more protests.

The movie even tosses in a love scene between God and some lady!! I guess they were trying to explain where Jesus came from but I don't think that's how it happened. This movie is pure blasphemousness! I suggest all religious people don't watch this or they'll get really mad!

There was also a lot of stuff about earth in those times that i don't think they portrayed correctly. There definately were'nt cars back in the early days of man. Also no guns or any of the high tech gadgets portrayed in the movie. Was it supposed to be symbolism? I don't know but it definately went over my head. I think they just failed to do any research.

This movie fails as a historically accurate retelling of a Bible story and the writers just felt like adding whatever they wanted! I just don't get how stuff like this even gets made. I'm giving this my lowest possible score, ** two stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment