Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Woman in Black (2012)

Finally, a new review by me, dings! Thjis time it's for "The Woman in Black"

Let me first off say i doubt it was a coincidence that they released a movie with the word black in the title during Febuary to cash in on "Black History month". Are they that desperate to get people in the door that they'll tack on the word black so people who are interested in the historical importance of the color this month might check it out? Don't they think people might read up about it first?

This is black. 

Before the movie started i found myself putting my phone on silent, despite the fact that in the five years i've had a cell phone no one has ever called or texted me. Where did I pick up that habit?? oh well.

The movie starts and what the heck? Harry Potter is in it! He must have cast a level 5 boring spell on me because i had a hard time staying awake for the first hour. His journey from london to (whatever small town they made up) was almost filmed in real time.

I know this is supposed to be a horror story but there was something disturbing that happened early in the film. Harry's wife is dead and he has a kid. right before he gets on the train he looks at the kid and says "You look just like your mom" with a lusty tone. really??? again yeah its a horror but do we need the main character to be an incest loving pedophile? I guess so!

Not a whole lot else happens. He runs around in a spook house and cries and kills a few kids. Then he goes swimming in a mud river.

spoiler alert!


then suddenly they decide its time for an ending but i guess they didn't feel like writing an ending because they just tacked on the ending to "drag me to hell" where they get sucked in front of a train and go to hell. wow! great idea guys! did you just hope everyone would have fallen asleep before the end would happen so no one would notice??? well i did!!!!!!!! losers!

you could probably tell by the tone of my review but i didnt much care for this "film"! I give it my lowest possible score, ** two stars! avoid at all costs!

1 comment:

  1. dress in black for this movie because the atmosphere in the theatre is gonign to be funeral like!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete