Monday, April 4, 2011

Taxi Driver (1976)

Everyone has been bugging me to see this movie for a long time. "It's a clasic!" They keep telling me. (they is the recommendations from netflix) so I happened to be in a Blockbuster checking out their going out of business sale and saw this movie at the bottom of the discount bin. I figured I had nothing to lose for 45 cents. I went home and pooped this one in the DVD player and I was whisked away to New York City.

This is a smile. You wont be doing
anything like that while
watching this movie
This movie centers around two characters, Belle Williams, who performs the titular role as the Taxi Driver, and Andy Washburn who detects things while undercover. They meet as the detective needs a taxi (and it's driver) to take him to the scene of some bank robbing crime he heard about. The bank robbers are hot babes!

Belle really wants to be a Nascar driver not a taxi driver and finally when the two solve the mystery of the robbed banks her dream comes true and she drives Nascar and the NYC banks are her sponsors. Happy ending?

These are the hot babes the film has.
Save time and just check out this image
and don't bother with the "film"
No! Because when I saw the credits were rolling I knew I ahd wasted my time with another so-called "classic". How could anyone think this movie was good??? I didn't see any of the "gritty" streets of NYC. In fact Netflix describes this movie to be "Violent, Dark, Gritty, Suspenseful" None of that stuff is true. Were they just trying to sucker some action fans into getting this poorly made comedy because they felt bad about ordering so many copies??? I don't know what the heck they were doing but now I'm mad!!!

Except for the babes who robbed the bank there was nothing in this movie that I would ever want to see again. Since when do women drive nascars and taxis? Did they do any research??? I just don't see the appeal and I'm going to write letters to those who placed this movie in their "top 10 movies you need to see" lists because i just don't agree! I give this my lowest possible score, ** two stars! Leave this one at the bottom of the discount bin.


1 comment:

  1. I'm seeing a trend here. You only critique on movies that you don't like. Or do you wish you could make a movie. If you could would it be any better? Yeah, I didn't think so. :)

    ReplyDelete